Sunday, August 13, 2006

Dawn....from my bed




Some ethereal power has cast its spell,
A divine tranquility, I just can't tell.
Nature is lost in a thought profound,
Woven a magical blanket all around.

Mellifluous chimes that ring so near,
Rhythm of breathe seems so clear.
Eloquent enough is silence now,
Words can’t express as to how.

A shameless flirt is the morning breeze,
Touches and teases, denies to cease.
Leaves that sway to a dulcet song,
Now human waltz seems so wrong.

The dawn silently starts to change,
Reminds me of 'the love' so strange.
I feel the air and breathe it in,
Something sweet is born within.

I turn and see the faces around,
Peaceful they seem in sleep so sound.
Lost are the traces of bitter scorn,
They seem guileless like the newly born.

Then I see the first Sun ray,
I feel blessed for having this day.
Humming to myself I leave my bed,
With a new hope, I move ahead.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The day has died, I'm at wit's end,
I wonder where all the sylvan hopes went?

:-) sorry for adding a dark footnote to your poem. But doesnt it sometimes happen this way?

Savita said...

amazing poem yar...

loved the third paragraph...

Unknown said...

BTW thanks for clicking. It was a very efficient click spree...generated 25 cents...

Savita said...

You clicked on vishy's ads??? and not on my ads??? thats not fair.. hmm...

hmmmmmmmm........

engaging in partisan politics... tch tch...

Unknown said...

well the point is she supports only the RULING political party.
And if you did your home work, u wud have found out that EYE attended her bday, while YOU didnt [complacent smile]
So EYE got clicks, while YOU didnt!

Unknown said...

* use of EYE instead of I intentional *

Unknown said...

Hey...Dont say that IS the view from your bed????
I am SO jealous if it is true...

Revs said...

hey hey hey!!!dint know u had a blog...really great poems...keep up the good work man..love ur poems!!:):)

nascentAnand said...

i too , have this feeling of gratitude 'for having one more day to live and njoy', occasionally!

the lines are very romantic and natural with no deliberate attempts to make the whole thing poetic !

sweet poem!